Inscrit le: 22 Mai 2018
|Posté le: Mar 29 Mai - 12:35 (2018) Sujet du message: Painting questions
As the topic says, I have a couple of painting questions. I'm not sure if they belong here, if not apologies in advance.So I have an older car with some paint issues. Namely, the paint is not sticking to the factory primer. A couple of spots have peeled off. I would like to save some money (as I can't really justify having the whole car repainted) and fix the peeled spots myself.I don't have an air gun to paint with, so this will all be done with the rattle/spray paint cans from a parts store.I figure that I will need to do the following:
1. Clear/clean the peeling areas of loose paint and debris.
2. Light sanding to scuff the surface.
3. Mask areas not to be repainted.
4. Prime the affected areas.
5. Paint the newly primed areas with the matching color. Using several light coats with, with wet sanding between coats to avoid the orange peel effect.
6. Clearcoat the newly painted areas. Again several light coats, with wet sanding.
I will have dust masks and be painting within a garage, with a double car door open for ventilation. Am I missing anything? Am I nuts for even thinking about doing this? I figure that an Arsian some where has attempted something like this before.
I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
Creative video studio