we we love oli de sat
Forum pour les fans de l'artiste Oli de Sat
FAQFAQ RechercherRechercher MembresMembres GroupesGroupes S’enregistrerS’enregistrer
ProfilProfil Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés ConnexionConnexion

Keyboard stops working after POST

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet we love oli de sat Index du Forum -> Hors Oli -> Autres
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant
Auteur Message
ClintBarton

MessagePosté le: Mar 29 Mai - 12:40 (2018) Sujet du message: Keyboard stops working after POST Répondre en citant

Hello,

I'm doing some side work and fixing a co-workers computer.She said that it had overheated a couple times, and now it was having trouble booting. So the goal was to figure out why, and see if I could get it booting. When I got it home, I found that the exhaust fan on the back of the case had seized up, so I'm pretty sure that's what caused the heat problems.However, when I turn it on, it boots right to Windows. I reboot it, and this time it blackscreens with the mouse cursor loaded, and that's it. Another reboot and I get a No Boot Device Detected. Another reboot and it gets all the way to Windows. A few more reboots and I get consistent No Boot Device Detected or No Installation detected type errors. I pulled the hard drive and hooked it up to my computer with a USB/SATA adapter, and the hard drive is fine, so I'm pretty sure it's the motherboard that got toasted during the overheats.So, I pick up a new motherboard that is compatible with the current processor that she had, and a new exhaust fan. The motherboard showed up, and I've got it all installed, and it's still having problems. Sometimes it'll get to Windows, but sometimes it'll also freeze during the XP loading screen. When it does get to Windows my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse wouldn't work. I tried wired USB kb and m, and PS2 kb and m, and none worked. The keyboards and mouse will work to get into the BIOS, but it dies right after it the POST completes. Right when the Verifying DMI Pool message shows up, I hear a high pitched squeal, you know that noise that electronics make, and then the light on the keyboard goes off and it stops working. When it wasn't working in Windows, my initial thought was to reinstall, since XP doesn't really like mobo changes, but I can't even get to that part of the XP install CD, because the keyboard stops working right before I get to push any key to boot from the CD. I Googled, and found some other people with kinda similar problems, and one guy said that they could get the keyboard to work if they disabled the onboard CPU cache. I was going to try that, but I couldn't find an option to do it in the new mobo BIOS. So...is the CPU toasted in a way that lets it half work, or is the new mobo DOA? 

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=44980
Video advertising company

Thank you

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 29 Mai - 12:40 (2018) Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet we love oli de sat Index du Forum -> Hors Oli -> Autres Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xtreme Skin Designed by Xtreme Web Developers visit website